Saturday, August 11, 2007

THE DISTANCES

The rains have come and yet again,
Distances between us have found no end,
I wonder how long will they remain,
But till they do will give me pain.

What a beautiful Sunday morning that was,
When I first looked at you and had to pause,
So beautiful and radiant you were looking to me,
My first love? Yes it had to be.

The wind that blew made your hair flutter,
It was then I was forced to utter,
Yeah she’s the one I’m looking for,
But what to do it’s neither and nor.

Then the gift of friendship came,
And I was one who took the blame,
For my heart that was going to cleave,
Since I was the one taking leave.

And then when I was far away,
From time to time I used to sway,
To the world where you were found,
But then I returned back to ground.

Then came the days of lasting rain,
And I went through a series of pain,
Then I disclosed the feelings I had,
And yes was what you had said.

Now it’s been 2 years since that day,
And this wait ought to pay,
Though, rains have come and yet again,
Distances between us have found no end.

No comments: